Lebron James Shoesfake handbags christian louboutin bootsugg classic tall air force one shoesNike shoxair max shoes Nike shox shoesMoncler saleMoncler on sale
National Vocational Qualifications (NVQs) Forum: Missing certification
  Active TopicsActive Topics  Display List of Forum MembersMemberlist  Search The ForumSearch  HelpHelp
  RegisterRegister  LoginLogin
NVQ Internal Verifiers
 National Vocational Qualifications (NVQs) Forum : NVQ Job Roles : NVQ Internal Verifiers
Message Icon Topic: Missing certification Post Reply Post New Topic
gillb

Online Status: Offline
Quote gillb Replybullet Topic: Missing certification
    Posted: 22 Feb 2007 at 9:46am
Hi

I don't know whether anyone else has ever suffered from this problem but for years I worked at the University of Exeter, taking my D32/33 award and then the D34. I ran a department for NVQ training there and was also acting as a verifier for MSc students taking modules of the ITQ (I'm a computer geek!).

After leaving the UK and living in France for 5 years I have returned to a job with learndirect as their assessor. I had lost my original certification (can't even remember whether I'd ever seen it as the Uni handled all the paperwork on that level, which left me free to just assess and verify. I also had a secretary to help take care of the paperwork).

Anyway, to cut a long story short, I sent off to OCR for copy certificates and, low and behold, they found my D32/33 but have absolutely no record of my D34. The University have archived the entire department's documentation and cannot find even the D32/33 stuff, let alone the D34. I also managed to find the person who kept the records there and they do not have confirmation that my portfolio was ever submitted to the EV!

Now I am stuck not having the D34 qualification, even though all the IV work I did was unsupervised (does that mean invalid???) for years.

Can anyone prove/disprove that I did the award? I don't want to start all over again doing the V1 award (I'm too old for all that now) but feel cheated.

Any ideas anyone???

Gill
IP IP Logged
isettaman
Gold Star Holder
Gold Star Holder

Quote isettaman Replybullet Posted: 22 Feb 2007 at 5:08pm
Hi Gill

Welcome to the forum.

I don't profess to be an expert, but if OCR have no record of your IV qualification the I would have to say that you are not qualified.

The puzzling thing is that you've been able to verify for so long. The EV should have asked to see your original certificate during his/her first visit after you qualified.

As you have now discovered, all training providers ask to see the original certificates for new assessors and verifiers. I don't suppose Learndirect will allow you to IV without your certificate, they'll probably also want you to update your D32/33 to A1 as well.

You're never too old to learn!   

Dave
life's too short to be miserable!
IP IP Logged
gillb

Quote gillb Replybullet Posted: 23 Feb 2007 at 1:37pm
Hi Dave

Thanks for that. Yes I had already come to the conclusion that I'm not qualified, which makes me wonder how valid the verifications I did truly are (like, not at all!). I will just continue as an assessor for now as I've no time to do the V1 as I am also tutoring.

Cheers

Gill
IP IP Logged
Mystic

Quote Mystic Replybullet Posted: 27 Apr 2007 at 10:26am
Hi Gill,

Same thing happened to me when I did my D32/33 in 1999 with C&G and a 'Liverpool' training provider.

I submitted my portfolio and was told everything was fine, and waited for my certificate which never came. (It was two years before I got my portfolio back.)  At this time assessing was only an add on to my job, but when I was to be made redundant, I wanted to become a fulltime assessor as I'd always enjoyed this part of my job. So I chased my cert and it was not forthcoming. I'd been assessing for over 5 years!

I discovered that I'd only ever been registered for my qualification. The training provider 'was in difficulty' I got a mobile phone number, but after the first phone call, they barred my calls!!!

Dispite my cert problems, because of my assessing experience I got a job with a training provider who let me do my A1 with them.  But like you I do wonder about the validity of all my past assessment decisions, as not all where countersigned, as I was ?qualified??

Cheers
Lynn
IP IP Logged
Post Reply Post New Topic
Printable version Printable version